I love salad! I’m vegan so obviously right? J I like to have a salad every day for lunch as it’s a great way to get in a ton of veggies. This salad is my go-to recipe for potlucks, side salads or the base of a meal sized salad. The tartness of the lemon and the creaminess of the avocado is always a hit!
Check it out!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1-2 avocados
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 lemons, juiced
- 1 package alfalfa sprouts
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- Tear the kale off the stems, wash and chop/shred into bite sized pieces
- Scrape out the avocado and massage it into the kale. Once it is all mashed and coated evenly on the kale, mix in the remaining ingredients.
Optional additions: shredded carrots, julienned red peppers and cucumber
- Low calorie
- High fiber
- High iron and calcium
- High vitamin A, C, K
- Filled with antioxidants such as flavonoids and carotenoids
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Can help lower cholesterol
- Detoxifies your body (liver especially)
I pretty much eat kale every day in my salads and sometimes in my smoothies/juices. It can be a little much in smoothies, so if you’re new to green smoothies, start with spinach.